Saturday, April 18, 2009

Day 2: Challenge 1

Day 1: Love is patient

Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love.—Ephesians 4:2 NIV

TODAY’S DARE
The first part of this dare is fairly simple. Although love is communicated in a number of ways, our words often reflect the condition of our heart. For the next day, resolve to demonstrate patience and to say nothing negative to your spouse at all. If the temptation arises, choose not to say anything. It’s better to hold your tongue than to say something you’ll regret.





Well, I can honestly say today was pretty well but I slipped up once. It was when I was totally upset because we we're actually off on a Saturday together and we were supposed to get up, Mya was going to church with my Grandma....we were taking the other 2 girls to a restaurant over here that has a killer Breakfast Buffet. Well, he wouldn't get up, so we couldn't make it to the buffet. We ended up deciding on Denny's...and I got all the girls ready and myself and he still wasn't ready at almost 11:00. I was so mad because we were supposed to pick Mya up from church and have a picnic lunch at a local park. By 11:00 it was pointless to try to picnic when we were just eating breakfast. So I got mad. Told him exactly what was going through my head instead of biting my tongue. I felt really bad and thought for a little while and apologized. I told him I was sorry for getting so upset with him, but this was something that was important to me, considering we don't get to do much as a family. He understood and accepted my apology, which made me feel like it was totally worth it. I usually have too much pride to just apologize like I'm the only one wrong, but today it was different. I knew if I didn't, it would continue and I had decided I just wanted to make the best of the day we had left. So Mya ate lunch at church, and we ended up at the park at 5:00 pm. They played and had fun, and when we got home, Mya said "Mommy, I'm glad we're home, I'm tired!" So I knew everything had worked out just how God had planned. They ate dinner and went to bed peacefully. It was a nice end to a not so perfect day. I'm moving on to the next exercise tomorrow, just because I know I realized my mistake today and tried to correct it. Hopefully I can continue with this with peace in my heart and my marriage on my mind. Happy thoughts to tomorrow when I work with Mandi. I will be a happy, forgivable person and try my best to cherish my marriage!

Until tomorrow....

No comments:

Post a Comment