Sunday, April 19, 2009

Day 2!

Day 2: Love is kind

Be kind to one another, tender-hearted, forgiving each other, just as God in Christ also has forgiven you.—Ephesians 4:32

TODAY’S DARE

In addition to saying nothing negative to your spouse again today, do at least one unexpected gesture as an act of kindness.



Well today went well overall. What I did for him wasn't something material. It was more of the "unexpected gesture," though I'm not sure he realized it. I was supposed to work double duties today, the first one being training Mandi. The second was to help him. Well our Manager called and told me I should be with her more to make sure all was well. He didn't know it, and got upset when I didn't go back out with him. He got an attitude, but instead of me having a smart remark, I went and told him the situation and that I was sorry I couldn't be with him. His mood immediately changed, and that showed me how much this is working already. Though I don't think he realized my "gesture" it was still something definitely unexpected as I was usually retaliate in some sort. We didn't argue today, though I got sort of nippy when we got to his Dad's to pick up the girls because it was late and we needed to be home, and I was in a hurry. I let it go, and told myself it wasn't his fault and that was the end of that. I really enjoyed today with him, even though we were working! That is something I haven't been able to say in a long time!


On the rest of the day:
Mandi and I had a talk. My first talk since this situation. She told me she did say the things I heard, but didn't mean them in the way I interpreted them. When she said "I don't care if he's married" it was meant in the way that she didn't care that he was married, she just thought he was good looking. When I heard that I interpreted as her not caring about his relationship with me, and disregarding it. Though I cannot ever know the truth I feel more comfortable with her as a person, even if I'm not completely comfortable with them talking right now. I went to work with the attitude of being forgiving and it worked for me today!

Praise the Lord!

3 comments:

  1. Im so glad you had a good day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are doing such a wonderful Job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ya we think she's pretty cute lol I hope all is well with you missy it's been forever since we talked! I'll be in florida this week. we should get the Girls together and do something!

    ReplyDelete